Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Congratulations, we've made it through the first month of the new year.  How has everyone been keeping up with their New Year's Resolutions (NYR)?  I only made one NYR, and that was to show up to work on time every morning.  I'm happy to report that my record in 2011 is unblemished.  While I'm still in the infancy of my NYR, I must admit, my goal has been easier than I would have imagined.  I pictured an epic struggle between my warm, cozy bed and my determination to make good on my resolution.  The battle has been somewhat of a let down.  I've merely just set my alarm clock to go off a half hour earlier, and now I have plenty of time in the mornings.  The resolution has been a blessing in disguise. 

Typically, my mornings in 2010 started with hitting the snooze button about 3 times, then a mad dash through the house, a quick shower, throw on some clothes, and then fly out of the house.  The whole process was rushed, and starting the day off stressing over getting ready was not ideal.  Fast forward to now, and my mornings start off with getting up with out hitting the snooze, a nice long shower, getting ready at leisure, and then I'm usually left with 15 minutes to grab some breakfast or read through my emails.

I know that I have a long way to go before I start patting myself on the back, but maybe a toot of my horn is in order for now.  What were your New Year's Resolution, and have you been able to not break them?

No comments:

Post a Comment