Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Working out - Steam Room

Sara and I have been hitting the gym up lately, and I must admit, I constantly find myself in the steam room after working out.  I don't know if there are any added health benefits to spending 10 minutes in the steam room, but I always feel so relaxed upon leaving. 


Due to Sara not getting home until after 6:00pm on some days, we often go to the gym later than most, so leaving the gym relaxed definitely aids me in getting to sleep quicker at night.  Also, I have noticed that my sinuses become less severe after I get into a habit of frequenting the steam room.  My face seems to stay cleaner and doesn't dry out as much during winter.  My theory is that the steam opens up the pores on the face and gets rid of the dirt and grime that is tough to expel from simple washing.  Could be hocus pocus for all I know, but I guess if it isn't broke don't fix it.  Can anybody out there back up my claims, or am I just gorging on sugar pills?

My only complaint about the steam room at our gym is that it never seems to be hot enough, or steamy enough for that matter.  Imagine how much more relaxed and less congested I could be if the steam room was working at full capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment